A sense of cold dark imagery enters our minds. Metal bars. A zoo. Told what to
eat. Told when to sleep. A loss of freedom. More importantly a loss of the beauties of life.
This is our envision of the physical prison for societies ill willed. Funnily enough this is very similar to another kind of prison. A non-physical prison. A prison that is stronger than any leader we know. Stronger than any god we can conceive. Stronger than any hero we admire. For majority of us, this prison has been built by ourselves, in the midst of our day-to-day mental dealings. This prison brings us docile comforts that calm our nerves when we are faced with adversity and the new. This prison consists of limitations and rules, that we sheepishly feel must be followed. I have written this article to help you break down the walls of your prison and to help you gain what it is to be truly free.
This Prison is our mind.
If you do not rule your world, then who does?
Something you read the other day?
The dangers you saw on last night’s news?
Unfortunately our dependency for others and our own personal limitations are what hold us back from generating true happiness and explosive success. In order to gain happiness and success our prisons need to be vanquished from our minds. This is not an easy fete as most of us have depended on our prisons for many years, however it can be done.
Every time you feel compelled not to say something, do something or act on your own accord, remember that you are further adding to the thickness of your mind’s prison walls. In order to gain complete creative freedom in this world we must rely on nothing but our own true thoughts and feelings, and then we will truly be free.
Here are the five rules to help you break free of your prison
1. Do you: No one else will ever do you better than you. People secretly admire those who act as themselves because they secretly wish to acquire the strength to do it. No one was ever successful at being their best friend, being their neighbour or being their parents. The people who stand out in this world make the world exciting and less boring for everyone. Do you think we would have companies like Coca-Cola, McDonald’s or Nike if someone did not wish to stand out?
2. Be fearless: I found that the best way to create a sense of fearlessness is to always remind yourself that every time you don’t do something because you are afraid or uncertain of the outcome that you are just adding another padlock to the door of your prison. If you don’t like your prison then why add another concrete wall to it? Live life on the edge it’s much less boring, more exciting and the self-empowerment you will gain via being fearless is better than any drug.
3. Be limitless: If you believe running 20 km is hard, then it will be. If you believe you couldn’t make $100,000 via one week’s work then you won’t. You have got to think BIG to get BIG. Be limitless. Make your own rules, don’t listen to others. The power of living with a limitless mind-set is often portrayed by the true story of Roger Bannister. A short summary of this story starts off with the belief that for many previous years before 1954 people believed that a mile could not be run in under four minutes. People thought it was dangerous, impossible and that the human body was physically never meant to achieve it. However in 1954 Roger Bannister did the unthinkable and ran a mile in under four minutes. As soon as Bannister accomplished this so too did many others, proving that it was not impossible and that mental barriers can be broken to achieve success. So act like Bannister and ignore the critics.
4. Depend on numero uno: If you can’t depend on yourself then who can you depend on? Do not rely on anyone to ever help you in this world. If you want true freedom you must pay your own bills, make your own money, own your own home etc. When people provide you with these things you are dependent on them and being dependant upon others will not provide you with freedom. Become your own boss. Never take orders from anyone else. Working for others is another form of dependency where you feel the need to constantly impress, show up on time, abide by the rules and probably kiss some ass and as human nature would have it no one really enjoys this.
5. Persistence: The above steps are not easy. They are not overnight changes. They will take time and will involve remodelling of the mind. The best way to stay persistent is to remember that every day you are learning and the process of becoming what your heart wants is not easy. However it is defiantly possible. As point 2. And 3. State be limitless and be fearless. Both these points will aid to your persistence. Always remember it is a one day at a time process.
– Good Luck